From java application : how to access kerberosed hadoop HDFS ?
Xiaohua Chen
2014-09-27 03:50:48 UTC
Hi ,

We recently has added kerberos on our CDH4 cluster, and our java
application hit error:
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException:
Authorization (hadoop.security.authorization) is enabled but
authentication (hadoop.security.authentication) is configured as
simple. Please configure another method like kerberos or digest.

The above error is caused by below code:

mFileSystem = FileSystem.get(uri,new Configuration(), loginUser);

FileStatus[] statusArray = mFileSystem.listStatus(pathName)

I am new to this area and can you shed some light on: how to
configure the authentication method to Kerberos to avoid the above
error ?

Thanks and regards,

Sophia
Liu, Yi A
2014-09-28 03:13:00 UTC
You should configure "hadoop.security.authentication" to Kerberos in your core-site.xml. Please refer to
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.5.1/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/SecureMode.html

Regards,
Yi Liu