Hadoop shutdown scripts failing
Susheel Kumar Gadalay
2014-09-29 06:50:58 UTC
How to redirect the storing of the following files from /tmp to some
other location.
hadoop-<os user>-namenode.pid
hadoop-<os user>-datanode.pid
yarn-<os user>-resourcemanager.pid
yarn-<os user>-nodemanager.pid

In /tmp, these files are cleared by OS sometime back and I am unable
to shutdown by standard scripts stop-dfs.sh or stop-yarn.sh

In core-site.xml I have given property hadoop.tmp.dir but still these
pid files are present in /tmp only,
Aitor Cedres
2014-09-29 11:59:16 UTC
Hi Susheel,

You have to set in your hadoop-env.sh and yarn-env.sh the variabkes:

- HADOOP_PID_DIR
- YARN_PID_DIR

To point to some other directory (most common is /var/run/hadoop-hdfs
hadoop-yarn)

Hope it helps,
Aitor
Susheel Kumar Gadalay
2014-09-29 12:11:21 UTC
Thanks Aitor.

There is a shell variable HADOOP_PID_DIR refererred in hadoop-env.sh
but not in yarn-env.sh.
Hi Susheel,
Aitor Cedres